|Sector(s):||Automotive, Aerospace & Defence|
Sheridan Blake Executive Search are recruiting a Area Leader (Assembly) based in Cannock.
The control of the Commercial department which includes leading a small team of Sales Administrators. To manage the day to day activities of the sales function for Body in White. To ensure that all systems are up to date with live information at all times and to report sales plans accordingly.
OPERATIONS TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be accountable for your team’s safety by ensuring that a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times and that the behaviour of your team members is in line with the safety policy
• Achieve the required Company quality standards ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Liaise and coordinate with support functions to progress issues concerning safety, quality, delivery, cost and people.
• Communicate with the teams by owning the Visual Management Boards delivering shift briefs with focus on safety, quality, cost, delivery and gathering ideas for improvement.
• Undertaking performance management responsibility for team members, conducting appraisals, giving direction to aid good performance and using disciplinary procedure where appropriate.
• Application of all Company policies and procedures including discipline, grievance, timekeeping, attendance and substance misuse etc. at an appropriate level.
• Ensure Health and Safety practices are continuously improved and sustained.
• Reporting and acting upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians and escalating where necessary.
• Daily completion of all reports and administration tasks, ensuring all are up to date and accurate at the end of each shift.
• Identify and supporting the team training needs and ensuring these requirements are completed in line with Company procedures.
• To support overtime as and when required.
• Seek opportunities to empower and motivate staff to achieve stretch objectives for employee development.
• Support the organisation’s communication strategy and deliver core briefs to team members as and when required
• Motivate team to adhere to stop-call-wait for safety and/or quality issues.
• Facilitate new team members to be trained (with process trainers where possible) on standard operating procedures including the safety and quality requirements of the business.
LEAN/QUALITY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead team members to operate to standard operating procedures and job safety analysis.
• Lead and motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced.
• Be accountable for the development and implementation of a 5S Culture ensuring standards are sustained and improved upon.
• Be accountable for Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) procedures to further improve the availability of the line by planning for the release of equipment
• Commit to year on year cost saving in line with company objectives by seeking opportunities to improve and exposing the benefits of such improvements with the input from team members
• Be accountable for the standard of quality that is being produced within responsible areas
• Ensure all layered process audit responsibilities are completed in full and in a timely manner from shift start
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES NECESSARY
• Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives to achieve safety, quality, cost delivery and people KPIs for effective results within required time frames in a high volume environment.
• Able to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate team members, ensuring that support is given where necessary for the task to be completed in a timely manner.
• Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction whilst holding team members accountable for performance.
• Build effective relationships with work colleagues by demonstrating consistency, fairness and respect of all stakeholders.
• Flexibility and willingness to participate in all level of tasks to ensure effective contribution to the team and the organisation.
• Possess interpersonal skills to build rapport with others, displaying trust, integrity, diversity awareness and strong listening skills.
• Able to drive and embrace change by demonstrating a positive attitude towards continuous improvement, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new situations particularly with regard to Lean manufacturing methodology, working patterns, customer base and people.
• Able to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliverables.
• Manages the performance of others by setting clear and challenging objectives. Monitors progress and addresses any shortfalls to ensure targets are met.
• Accountable for ensuring that health and safety is of paramount importance, that all employees have the right to come to work and not be injured or adversely affected by it and sets examples in adhering to Health and Safety rules.
• Proactively seeks to take responsibility for their own development without reliance upon others with regard to the knowledge required to meet or exceed performance expectations.
• Computer literate with strong numerical skills.
• Qualified or willing to progress to a Management position.
Based in Cannock but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites; driving licence preferred
39 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.
For more information on this role please contact Thomas Barker at Sheridan Blake Executive Search.
Our Consultants at Sheridan Blake Executive Search and Selection have many years experience in delivering a quality Contract and Permanent recruitment service for Accountancy and Finance, Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Information Technology, Technical, Sales, Marketing and HR and Technical and Engineering. Sheridan Blake Executive Search and Selection works successfully with an extensive list of businesses, providing an honest, ethical and professional service to both candidates and clients.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However you may still be considered for other positions in the future.